FitFlow Goal Achievement System
Helix3 is changing the game by introducing our FitFlow Goal Achievement System.
We are enabling every wellness program and health service provider to set goals, build a customizable plan for every member, and motivate through rewards and accountability. Individuals can also set personal goals and find providers in our marketplace that will help them achieve their goals or participate in FitFlow Challenges.
FitFlows allow a goal and challenges to be sponsored by government programs, employers, PCPs, insurance companies, merchants, marketplace participants, or an individual themselves.
Benefits of FitFlow Goal Achievement System:
- Employers: Employers can issue activity challenges such as “Walk for 30 minutes, 3 times a week, for 12 weeks”, “get your flu shot”, or “record 10,000 steps, every day for a year” and reward their employees with HLX tokens for the successful completion.
We find that workplace wellness programs can help contain the current epidemic of lifestyle-related diseases, the main driver of premature morbidity and mortality as well as health care cost in the United States.
Soeren Mattke, Lead Author of the Rand Report
- Health Insurance Providers: The same reason employers would issue challenges, insurance providers will have a great interest in the FitFlow Challenges and Rewards. Lifestyle contributes to Health Risk Level which impacts Chronic Disease, contributing to a higher health care costs.
- Associations: There are many sponsored government programs that are aimed at educating people on the health and wellness. Education does not always mean a change in action. With FitFlow challenges, Heart and Lung associations can reward participants with HLX for challenges like “quit smoking for a year” or “10,000 steps every day for a year”.
- Tournaments and Events: Activities such as 5k runs, marathons, Walk for a Cure, and other sporting events like tournaments or organized leagues can offer HLX rewards for participation. This creates a differentiator in this space by offering more options for event participants to get what they want with their rewards. In additional to participation rewards, additional rewards can be offered for the results. For example, a race can reward the 1st through 3rd place finishers, in different age groups, and sexes.
- Merchants: Merchants can find a targeted user audience for their products and services, and accept HLX tokens for a limited trial. FitFlow providers also receive a turn-key loyalty program when issues challenges that must be completed by them, or at their facility.
How does it Work?
As members of the Helix3 platform perform activities, they are recorded in activity cards. In order for the activity to be recorded, they must check-in with a 3rd party verifier. A 3rd party verifier can be the a reception desk at a gym, or the check-in station at a 5k race.
Check-in can also be performed by groups of 3 or more Helix members who check-in with each other before performing an activity.
Once the check-in occurs, the activity card records vitals from a smart device like AppleWatch, FitBit, or exercise machine into the Activity Card where it is stored to be submitted towards challenges.
Members then apply the activities towards their customized FitFlow, proving participation in the challenge, and potentially earning participation rewards.
Challenges are controlled by the issuer to determine if it can be entered into once or multiple times. The issuer also funds the challenge on creation, setting a maximum payout and participation limit, ensuring all participants will be paid upon successful completion. Issuers have the option to top of a challenge at any time to keep it alive, or re-vive it with HLX tokens after it has expired.
Challenges are rewarded in HLX which can be spent in the marketplace. The marketplace contains merchants and service providers that accept HLX for their products and services.
Marketplace items can include massages, fit devices, fitness club memberships, race entrance fees, chiropractic assessments, etc. As the platform grows, more and more marketplace participants with innovating products and services will be recruited and join to reach our large user base.
Helix3 will provide Helix Premium items to help stimulate the marketplace. These marketplace items will be raffle draws where users pay HLX, or submit activity cards to enter into the draw for a chance to win the item. Raffle items will related to health and wellness such as healthy meals, AppleWatches, Smart Scales, full year gym memberships and others based on customer feedback.
Since HLX Rewards are based on tokens… they never expire like many other programs. The choice available is also much larger than any typical rewards system and all support additional health and wellness. Who doesn’t like a good massage after working out for a while.
In many loyal programs, you select the redemption you want, and wait 3–5 weeks for the card to be given to you. With FitFlow challenges and milestone rewards, HLX tokens are are given instantly and can be spent immediately in our marketplace.
Types of Challenges:
A challenge will typically fall into two different categories. Exercise and Wellness. The challenge consists of a goal, a method of verification, and HLX token amount for successful completion.
- Exercise Challenges: The success of an exercise challenges can be determined by defining a combination of calories burned, steps taken, heart-rate, length of session, frequency of sessions, and number of sessions of a period of time, and weight as proof of health.
- Individual Challenges: Allows members define a goal and pay their reward into the challenge. Helix3 holds the payment in escrow until the individual achieves the goal. Individual challenges follow the same proof of health as Exercise Challenges.
- Pay-to-Play Challenges: Pay to play are a special kind of FitFlow challenge were friends put up their own tokens and define the rules of payment. This is great for pick-up games of golf for instance, where all parties track the score and at the end of each 9-holes, the lowest score gets a the pool of HLX.
- Wellness Challenges: Activities like getting a yearly physical, vaccines, flu shot, and so on can be verified as they are performed. As these activities are performed by a provider, they are logged as activity by the participants, allowing them to be submitted as proof of health. Weight loss goals can be measured at the provider’s office or through a smart scale that updates the participants records.